Following the adoption of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in September 2015, the United Nations released implementation indicators in March 2016. Monitoring progress is now of the essence:
- How should diverse stakeholders move forward with respect to monitoring SDG implementation at different levels?
- What are implicit theories of change underlying performance indicators?
- In an era of ‘big data’, how can we generate data that are relevant, accurate, credible and affordable?
This event brings together academics, policymakers and development professionals for a day-long conference, organised in four panels:
- Multi-level/multi-stakeholder monitoring
- A holistic view of complex adaptive systems
- Monitoring across sectors
- Bigger and better: “big data” as a magic bullet?